Since the legalization of recreational cannabis in Canada on October 17th, 2018, there have been discussions around legal cannabis vs. black market cannabis. We are proud to be a licensed member of the legal cannabis retail community. We are committed to providing top quality cannabis which has been produced to the highest standards in the industry to ensure quality and consumer safety. Please read on for more information.
The Cannabis Act creates a strict legal framework for controlling the production, distribution, sale and possession of cannabis across Canada. The Act aims to accomplish 3 goals:
- keep cannabis out of the hands of youth
- keep profits out of the pockets of criminals
- protect public health and safety by allowing adults access to legal cannabis
In addition to these benefits the legal market provides jobs and tax revenues.
See our menu here
The Risks of Black Market Cannabis
Black market cannabis continues to decrease in quality as it struggles to remain competitive with the legal market.
Users run many risks when obtaining cannabis from a black market source.
These risks can include:
- Contaminated cannabis products (fungal infections, mold)
- Mislabeled and misleading products
- Seized packages by Canada Post
- Falling victim to scams
- Complete lack of customer care
- Engaging in illegal activity can result in legal consequences